Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Kingdom Falls
Chapter 17

Jeremiah Didn't Stand a Chance
 
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations." Jeremiah 1:5

God has predestined you, too, but it's up to you what you do with it.
 
Dateline 595 BC: Jeremiah is roaming the streets of Jerusalem seeing desolation and decay everywhere and he knows why. His people had simply abandoned God. He exhorts, he pleads, but to no avail. Years before he had been selected by God to warn and cajole to bring the people back to God. God had also told him that it wouldn’t work. Yet he was called and he was obedient.

You and I have also been predestined by God to serve him in some special way (Romans 8:28-30 and Ephesians 2:8-10). And even though most our obedience will look ineffective, it nevertheless matters.

PRAYER

“Father please help me to let go of my perception of effectiveness for you and simply obey, trusting that what you want is faithfulness, not ‘success’ Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment