Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Beginning of the End
Read Chapter 16
2 Kings 17-19; Isaiah 3, 6, 13-14, 49, 53

John 3:16 in the Old Testament

Translation
“God says: 'It is too small a thing for you to be my servant to restore the tribes of Jacob and bring back those of Israel I have kept. I will also make you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring my salvation to the ends of the earth.' " Isaiah 49:6 (NIV)

Paraphrase
“God says, 'But that's not a big enough job for my servant— just to recover the tribes of Jacob, merely to round up the strays of Israel. I'm setting you up as a light for the nations so that my salvation becomes global!' " Isaiah 49:6 (MSG)

Prayer

“Lord you have blessed the descendants of Abraham to be a blessing to the world. Through Jesus Christ I am adopted into Abraham’s family and as such receive those blessings myself. Lord, open my eyes today and throughout the week to opportunities to fulfill today’s scripture, to bring your blessings and good news of forgiveness and grace to those around me. Lord help me to let YOUR light shine. In Jesus Name Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment