Thursday, January 12, 2012

God's Messengers
Chapter 15
I Kings 17-19; 2 Kings 2, 4, 6; Hosea 4-5, 8-9, 14; Amos 1, 3-5, 9


Can You See What's REALLY there?
 
"The king of Aram was at war with Israel.
When Elisha and Gehazi woke up early the next morning, Aram’s army with horses and chariots had surrounded the city.
'Oh, my lord, what shall we do?' Gehazi asked.
'Don't be afraid,' the Elisha answered. 'Those who are with us are more than those who are with them.' 17 And Elisha prayed, 'O LORD, open his eyes so he may see.
'Then the LORD opened the servant's eyes, and he looked and saw the hills full of horses and chariots of fire all around Elisha."  2 Kings 6:8-17

Take the Selective Attention Test

You must count CAREFULLY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo
 
How did you do? What does that teach you about what you see in your day to day life? Does one’s object of focus matter? What is the difference in focus between Elisha and Gehazi?  Which one was seeing life as it really is?

Prayer
 
"Lord, please open my eyes that I may see. I don’t want to miss your presence, your activity, your angels right in front of my nose. Gehazi must have been astonished, not to mention comforted. I too take comfort in your protection. Thank You. Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment