Wednesday, August 15, 2012

How to Foster a Family in the Image of God

Scripture Checklist: Which of the following does/does not describe your home? Part 1


“Clothe yourselves with tenderhearted mercy, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience”

"Make allowance for each other’s faults”

“Forgive anyone who offends you. Remember, the Lord forgave you, so you must forgive others”

"Above all, clothe yourselves with love, which binds us all together in perfect harmony”

"Let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts For as members of one body you are called to live in peace” Colossians 3:12-15

Prayer  

“Lord, make me an agent of love, kindness, forgiveness and peace in my home. Show me which of the above passages is for me today. Let it permeate my heart, soul and will so that my part in my home honors and communicates You. Amen”

2 comments:

  1. You know, sometimes to get to this place, especially with those closest to us, a mess has to occur.
    Our forgiveness and our peace came from an environment of evil and ugliness. The cross was a tumultuous affair.

    If I could say one thing, I am beginning to learn is that ugliness will be. We are human. But, it doesn't have to have the last say.

    The key is to work through the mess and know God's part in it all. Talk, talk, talk, have the same goal of intimacy and peace and do what it takes to muck through the mire and persevere to the other side.
    Victories come, though they don't often come without hard work and patience.
    For we are told to "patiently endure" over and over in the word. The best is yet to come.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Comment, Linda!

      Delete