Monday, April 28, 2014

I Like Giving


Blog »    I Like Giving  

Monday, April 28, 2014


As I’ve thought about the cross and the resurrection, it seems to me that the fundamental message is the one that is both so simple and so profound . . . .and so easily glossed over, which is the verse above.   I was directed to a great book and website www.ilikegiving.com   full of simple stories of people who have discovered the joy, the fun, of living generously.     I hope you will be inspired each Monday by these stories as I have been.  God is great!   Jeff              

“This morning was a frigid -38 degrees with wind chill. I had an appointment at the University of Iowa. While leaving the parking garage, the parking garage attendant was all bundled up to bear the cold weather. She struggled to make the change, as her fingers were so cold despite her attempts to keep them warm with her mittens. I accepted the change and began to drive off, feeling sorry for the parking garage attendant, as I believe it was just the beginning of her shift and she already appeared to be freezing. The thought wasn’t going to just leave my head.  I thought, what can I do? This is when I remembered that I had the disposable, one-time use hand warmers in my center console of my car. I pulled back around, jumped out of my car, knocked on the glass of the window and handed her the hand warmers. I said, I think these may be of use to you today. She looked at me, grabbed the hand warmers, smiled, and said thank you. I am sure this girl was thinking, why does this lady randomly have hand warmers in her car? Who knows? However, I think this was God’s sign to me today that those opportunities to give generously really are everywhere. We just need to be willing and aware”  

Do you have an “I Like Giving” story to share?   We’ll be collecting them and posting them on our website www.clcfamily.net .  Stay tuned each Monday for more!  

“Lord, Your Word teaches us that You Yourself are a Giver and receiver.  As Father Son and Holy Spirit you are a continual flow of joyful giving and receiving, receiving and giving.  Lord help me to enter they joy of that flow also and, as the apostle Paul wrote, to experience the “Life that is truly Life”. (1 Timothy 6:19)  Amen”

 

Comment    

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl  

No comments:

Post a Comment