Monday, October 28, 2013

God owns everything I have


  Blog »   God owns everything I have  

Monday, October 28, 2013
Jeff Lampl


“every good endowment that we possess and every complete gift that we have received
must come from above, from the Father”
    (Phillips NT)
 

I have to admit that I received an “aha” this week.  It is something I had never quite “gotten” before.   

I have known for decades that God is the owner and I am his “money manager”.  I get that.  But this week I discovered that I had only “gotten It” intellectually.   Until now I didn’t get it “actually”.   Kathy and I tithe on our gross income and we also give to many causes over and above our tithe.  Our take on the Bible is that those are the obedient things to do.   But what about the rest?  

If God is the owner, then it stands to reason that I will look at every expenditure as my spending His money.

Do I consult God when deciding what to spend on clothes?   Do I consult God before furnishing my home?  Do I ask for God’s guidance when I make decisions about TV and internet services?  Looking at my spending this way makes me an actual steward, rather than a person who just gives lip service to God’s ownership.    

It occurs to me that the following chart might describe three different ways that we view our money.

                           I Should                                 I say                                    I actually believe
                              Give                             God owns it all                           God owns it all



   

 Which category best describes you?

 

Comment    

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl  

No comments:

Post a Comment