Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Do You Call Him Lord?

  Blog »   Do You Call Him Lord?  

Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Guest Blog by Trish Strawhecker

 

"For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the
kingdom of the Son he loves,  in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins."  
Col. 1:13-14
 


People don't change. They just keep doing the same stupid stuff.   

I've changed some things since receiving Jesus as Savior and Lord of my life, but some things still need to change. For one thing, I yell at my kids a lot.   

A dozen or so years ago, I was at the end of my rope. I didn't like how my life was going. Someone told me I needed God in my life. I agreed and said, "I do".  I had an encounter with Jesus.  I said a prayer.  I was sincere.
I realized my sinfulness and my need of a Savior.  

Paul (Acts 9, 22 and 26)
Zaccheus (Luke 19: 1-10)
The adulterous woman (John 7:53 - 8:11)
The woman at the well (John 4)
Peter
James
John   

What do these people have in common? They all had a life-changing encounter with Jesus. For some, it was a flash of light, an immediate about-face. For others, it was a process.  But, for all of them it was a relationship. This relationship is nurtured by God's Holy Spirit, put in our heart to guide us and teach us.  

When the Holy Spirit comes to live in your heart, your desires change.  Yielding to these new desires brings us under the rule and authority of Jesus Christ.  For some people, the change is instantaneous.  For others, it occurs over time.  hen you get married you say "I do", but as you learn more about the person to whom you are married, your life changes.  

Has your life changed? 

 

Comment    

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl  

No comments:

Post a Comment