Monday, June 4, 2012

Read Galatians, 1st and 2nd Thessalonians


The Holy Spirit on Monday at 3:45pm

"Let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won't be doing what your sinful nature craves" Galatians 5:16 


Did the Holy Spirit guide you at 3:45pm today?

Basketball Players talk of being in “the zone”. They speak of letting the game “come to them”. It’s as if their contribution to the game is something other than what they by their efforts are creating. They “can’t” miss. I was in a “zone” once. I’m a bad bowler. But once on my first bowling outing in years I bowled a 213. It was like I couldn’t stop throwing strikes if I tried. The next game, trying to repeat my success, I bowled 100. “I” got in the way. 

Entering into what God does for you, embracing His activity, letting the Holy Spirit guide you is similar. When I am out of the way, God is free to work in me and I’m free from “me and what my sinful nature desires”.
 
Prayer

“Lord, I want to be out of the way. I want to shed to old people pleasing ego that seeks to impress God. I no longer want to try to be impressive to You, rather I want to be impressed (in all of its ramifications) by You. Amen” 


NOTE: Download the YouVersion Bible app to your I pad or smartphone, go to live events, put in zipcode 19352 , review Sunday’s message, answer the questions, view the poll and watch the Skit Guys Video on Grace.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Its like when Peter was walking on the water, fine until he thought of himself, then it ended.
    Once something I had written was handed to a family member and in all earnestness their reply was, "You couldn't have written this" ^_^
    Boy, is that the truth! I am sometimes completely and totally blown away when I see the Holy Spirit speak/work-- not just in myself but through others, too.
    Its such a confirmation to me of his control.

    And, if, when we are used it is made known to us, in order not to have that devil pride step in it may do us well to remember:

    "But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. He chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things-and the things that are not-to nullify the things that are, so that no one may boast before him......Let him who boasts, boast in the Lord"

    Lord, have your way in us!

    ReplyDelete