Friday, August 12, 2011








When you are wronged

"If your fellow believer sins against you, go and tell him in private what he did wrong. If he listens to you, you have helped that person to be your brother or sister again. But if he refuses to listen, go to him again and take one or two other people with you. 'Every case may be proved by two or three witnesses.' If he refuses to listen to them, tell the church. If he refuses to listen to the church, then treat him like a person who does not believe in God or like a tax collector.

"I tell you the truth, the things you don't allow on earth will be the things God does not allow. And the things you allow on earth will be the things that God allows."

"Also, I tell you that if the two of you on earth agree about something and pray for it, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven. This is true because if two or three people come together in my name, I am there with them." Matthew 18:15-20(NCV)

Can you do what the first sentence says?

Today's Prayer
 
“Lord, I will no longer tell others what 'so and so' did to me. Rather I will simply obey your command, take courage and talk directly to the person by whom I feel wronged. I will do this as an act of raw obedience and love for you. And I will do this with all the gentleness, respect and honesty you provide. In Jesus' name, Amen" 

1 comment:

  1. This act of going to another to admit that they have hurt or offended us is also about honesty. Too often, we appear unscathed, tell ourselves, "it was nothing", but find ourselves becoming bitter or resentful and speaking about the offense with others. Making a conscious decision to be lovingly honest with ourselves and with others about our feelings is a huge step in building strong, open, transparent relationships with those around us. Otherwise, there is no opportunity for amends and reconciliation, only for harboring the negative.

    ReplyDelete