Friday, August 5, 2011







"unless you . . . .you cannot"                            

"Jesus said again, 'I tell you the truth, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you cannot have eternal life within you. But anyone who eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life,and I will raise that person at the last day.'" John 6:53-54(NLT)
  
What are you relying on to "get you into heaven?"

Trying to be a good Person? (won't work) Believing in Jesus? (even Satan believes in Jesus). Taking Communion? (no ritual will get anyone past the grave)

Today's Prayer
 
“Lord, as I prepare for Communion this Sunday, I reassert that you substituted your life for mine on the cross. In that act and in that act alone I am saved. I know myself and I am not within light years of deserving what you did for me. On Sunday I will once again act out taking you into myself. Meanwhile please kill all pride and ingratitude that you find in my today. Thank you, Lord. Amen"

2 comments:

  1. Amen! THY will be done today and every day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "The time is coming, declares the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah.
    It will not be like the old the covenant I made with their forefathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt, because they broke my covenant, though I was a husband to them, declares the Lord.

    This is the covenant I will make with house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord,

    I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts.
    I will be their God, and they will be my people. No longer will a man teach his neighbor or a man his brother, saying 'Know the Lord' because they will all know me from the least to the greatest, declares the Lord.
    For I will forgive their wickedness and will REMEMBER THEIR SINS NO MORE"
    Jeremiah 31

    2 Corinthians 3:
    "Therefore, since we have such a hope we are very bold. We are not like Moses, who would put a veil over his face to keep the Israelites from gazing at it while the radiance was fading away. But their minds were made dull for to this day the same veil remains when the old covenant is read.
    It has not been removed, because ONLY IN CHRIST IS IT TAKEN AWAY. Even to this day when Mose is read a veil covers their hearts.
    But, whenever anyone turns to the Lord, the veil is taken away. Now the Lord is Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom."

    "You show that you are a letter from Christ, the result of our ministry, written not with ink but the Spirit of the living God, not on tablets of stone but on tablets of human hearts."

    Jesus prayed to the Father before the crucifixtion:

    "I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you.
    May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one. I in them and you in me. "

    **when we take communion and drink the cup of New Covenant blood, may we ask for a deep realization of what that means and be ever so thankful that God finds us a 'pleasing aroma' from the sacrifice of Christ."

    Thank you for sticking through the length...

    ReplyDelete