Thursday, August 4, 2011








"If anyone eats this bread he will live forever"                                    
"I am the bread of life. Your forefathers ate the manna in the desert, yet they died. But here is the bread that comes down from heaven, which a man may eat and not die. I am the living bread that came down from heaven. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever."  John 6:48-51(NIV)
  
Where do you find your "daily bread"? Really?

The money you make? Friends? Knowing God? Getting buzzed? Prayer? Going after the "next thing"? Escape? Reading your Bible? Making a mark? Others believers? Shopping? Other? __________________________________

Today's Prayer
 
“Lord, today I seek the "bread" that sustains me in a way that lasts. Help me to reject the quick fix, temporary "bread", that beckons and promises so much, but in the end leaves me lifeless. Please grant me this success through the power of Jesus in my life. Amen"

3 comments:

  1. What a powerful prayer! Found myself placing my loved ones' name in place of "me", etc! Hope to remember this prayer to pray for family and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Pastor - I could just feel the power of that Word - so simple, yet so powerful. Jonah prayed from inside the great fish; "Those who cling to worthless idols forfeit the grace that could be theirs" (Jonah 2:8). Thank you for reminding us what we should be clinging to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I may be beginning to trust you

    ReplyDelete