Monday, August 15, 2011










Reflections for the Week of August 15-21

NOTE: From now until September 11, the time of our 40 days of Prayer for “The Story”, I will send only one reflection per week. It will come on Monday. This is so that you focus on the daily prayers you will receive from me in preparation for our first time ever chronological journey through the entire Bible!

Meanwhile, in order to prepare for Sunday . . . . .. . . . . .



How Do You Handle Discouragement?

“lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one.”
Matthew 6:13(NIV)


Sunday’s message will focus on temptation, specifically the temptation to become discouraged. How do you overcome discouragement? Do you let it win? Do you give up too easily? What are the remedies for discouragement? All of that and more will be the topic for this Sunday’s message. I will be referring to Jeff Manion’s book, “The Land Between.” if you want to read more on the topic, I do recommend this new book.

This Week’s Memory Verse

“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal weight of glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 2 Corinthians 4:16-18

This Week’s Prayer

“Lord, please do not let me fall into the temptation to neglect Your Word. Lord, if you want me to memorize this week’s verse, I will do so with your help! And whatever scripture you want me to read, I will read. . with your help. I want to do this Lord . . . .deliver me from the temptation simply not to do so. In Christ’s Name. Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment