Tuesday, October 6, 2009

October 6, 2009

Winston Churchill, when speaking to a school at an ominous time in the early 1940’s, when London was being bombed by the Nazi Luftwaffe (airforce) and things were looking bleak, he simply said, "Never, never, never, never, never, never, never give up."

Never give up! Don’t quit. Keep on keeping on with your hourly times of focus on God, this Scripture reflection, journaling, anything you can do to be in the presence of God, let him guide and fill you and do your best to align your actions with Christ’s intention.

Don’t quit. “press on to hold of that for which Christ has taken hold of you”. Can you think of a more wonderful combination of encouragement, call to action, and security and hope, “he has taken hold of you”. He won’t let go. Go all out for Him and the purpose for which he has taken hold of you.

2 comments:

  1. I need thee every hour, most gracious Lord; no tender voice like thine can peace afford.

    Refrain:
    I need thee, O I need thee;
    every hour I need thee;
    O bless me now, my Savior,
    I come to thee.

    I need thee every hour; stay thou nearby; temptations lose their power when thou art nigh.

    I need thee every hour, in joy or pain; come quickly and abide, or life is vain.

    I need thee every hour; teach me thy will; and thy rich promises in me fulfill.

    I need thee every hour, most Holy One; O make me thine indeed, thou blessed Son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The above verse is beautiful. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete