Saturday, October 3, 2009

October 3, 2009

“The Lord's message rang out”

“Rang Out”. Isn’t that an awesome phrase? The Lord’s message reverberated. I think of a rock concert where the band’s music pulsates. Attenders feel its power. They are physically moved and they begin to move to it’s beat. Something like that must have happened in Thessalonica when they received the word with power. And the power they felt, experienced, received “rang out” reverberated to countless others, so much so that when Paul got Corinth in Achaia (southern Greece which was another country at that time) people were already talking about God’s work in Thessalonica!

Wouldn’t you love for your life to be one of overflow, having experience receiving God’s word with power? Ask for this, just ask and don’t quit until God gives you what He wants to give you. Then receive and don’t keep it to yourself.

I like to skip stones and I imagine my poor but God filled life touching others like the stone hit’s the water and leaves ripples going out, so that it’s not just a touch but it has reverberating effect. And each touch of the stone to the water brings more of the reverberation of the power of the Holy Spirit.

I fall so short of this, but it’s what I imagine and it’s what I want. I imagine this happening when I see each of my family members at home, or each of those I encounter at church.

Isn’t that a beautiful picture of the Christian life? Do you want this also? Ask, ask, keeping asking and never quit. God may delay, even a long time, but whoever knocks, the door is sooner or later opened.

No comments:

Post a Comment