Monday, October 5, 2009

October 5, 2009

I cannot think of a better passage to read than this one about the essence of the Christian life. Paul had met God. But he wouldn’t boast about it. He wouldn’t talk about the details. He never said, “look what I’ve got and you need to have the same experience that I did”.

Instead he would only boast of his weaknesses. He spoke of weaknesses actually given to him by God to keep him humble! Can you thank God for that which keeps you humble?

God has graciously given me this ability. Yes I still whine at times, but gratitude always wins me over sooner or later. And that ability is a gift from God. I am grateful for everthing that God has allowed in my life, because God never wastes a hurt or even a sin.

Notice this unbelievable verse:

"The things which are done in secret are shameful even to speak of; but anything shown up by the light will be illuminated and anything illuminated is itself a light." Ephesians 5:12-14 (NJB)

“anything illuminated is itself a light” another translation says “anything illuminated (even sin) turns into light”
Wow.

Here it is again. Each time (God) said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me.

No comments:

Post a Comment