Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Sent


  Blog »  
Sent
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Jeff Lampl



The letter below is from Nick Cirino, Mark’s son, who grew up among us, came to Christ among us and while among us received God’s call into full time ministry.   He has completed seminary, two years of interning at a PCA church in Tampa and has completed his ordination exams with flying colors.   He’s married to Rachel with a young son, Blake, and is now about to move on to leadership in a church of “his own”.   

I find it to be a really neat thing to be part of a church family which is fertile ground for God to raise up and call young men and women into full time ministry.   When I first arrived in New London I learned of Kent Groff who grew up in this church, was called to full time ministry and is now a PC(USA) pastor.  In succeeding years others from the church family have transitioned into various forms of full time ministry including among others Karen Truman, Joyce Ross, Jim Sillcox, Steven Jamison, Michelle Heavener, Lenny Gawlikowski,  Susannah Tulloch, Mark Cirino, Megann Graf, Jeff Pincin and Mary Coleman.  Those of us ministering here from elsewhere (Ben Dieterly, Jeannette Guilbert and Gary Arntessoni, and I) are most blessed to be invited into ministry partnership with CLC’s “homegrown” ministers of Jesus Christ.

Our hope is that in the coming years, our sending will not only continue but increase.  

My hope is two-fold:   That we are able not only to raise up those who go into full time ministry, but also raise you up to be a full time minister of Jesus Christ right where you are, doing what you are doing but with the mindset of Jesus, knowing that what you do matters, and the people you are doing it with and for are those whom God has strategically placed in your life because you are the exact “Minister of Jesus Christ” that they need.

Christian Life Center Session and Missions Committee,

I would like to extend my deepest gratitude for the role you have played in my spiritual upbringing and for your financial support in seminary.  

It was through your ministry that the Lord was pleased to call me to himself and my early years of Christian life were spent in your midst. The CLC will also hold a special place in my spiritual journey.  

Last May, I graduated from Westminster Theological Seminary with a Masters of Divinity.  I feel that I cannot convey to you the importance of that education to me.  I did not plan on going to seminary, being prejudiced against theological education.  Several of your elders at the time exhorted me earnestly to attend seminary and I believe the Lord worked through them to soften my heart.  That single decision changed the entire course of my lifefor the better.  

I learned at seminary that I didn’t even know what I didn’t know.  It was as if I stepped into a whole new world.  That education has proved invaluable many times over in ministry and I can’t imagine pursuing the pastorate without it.  I currently preach and teach several times a week and I am so thankful that I have a deep well of theological education to draw from.  

I am working as a pastoral intern at Holy Trinity Presbyterian Church, Tampa, Florida, finishing the last of my requirements for ordination.  Lord willing, in a year’s time I will receive my first call and be ordained as a pastor.  It is an exciting time in our young family’s life.  

Thank you for your support of me.  I would not be here if it were not for you.  I trust the Lord that your investment in me will not be in vain, but that he will use me (and your legacy in me) for his kingdom through the proclamation of the Word.  Pray for me, that the Lord would keep me faithful in life and in doctrine, that I would not only be a godly pastor, but first a godly husband and father.  You are in our prayers as well.

To God be all Glory,
Nick Cirino


 
Comment
   

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl  

No comments:

Post a Comment