Saturday, July 18, 2015

Prepare for Worship Tomorrow

  Blog »  
Prepare for Worship Tomorrow
Read Megann’s awesome introduction to worship last week
so that you’re ready for worship tomorrow
 

Saturday, July 18, 2015


Christianity is different because we have an Advocate in Jesus Christ.  There’s nothing we can do to “earn” our way into heaven.  The only thing we can do, is strive to know and understand the love of God, and accept that the only reason we can receive this love is because Jesus has made a way for us.    

I am a Christian—that means, I’m supposed to be Christ-like.  Unfortunately, I’m also human, so that means, that I am not always the perfect example of a “Christian.”  And, by the way, all the other “Christians” are also humans, so they’re not the best examples either.   Now, I’m not saying that I shouldn’t be setting a good example for “Christianity”, but if you’re trying to figure out Christianity, or Christians, I want to invite you to look to Christ—not me and not others, because while I am a Christian, I am not Christ.  You and I cannot be more Christ-like if we’re looking at each other.  

I find myself reading new Christian blogs or books or posts or Facebook and either liking them and thinking they are such a great example of a Christian, or not liking them and thinking how they really did such an injustice to Christianity.  Funny, right?  Because, even though I am a Christian, I’m still struggling to get it right.  I don’t want to be “Ann-like” or “Beth-like” I want to be Christ like.  The only way I can be more like Christ, is to spend more time with Christ.  More time in His word, more time in prayer, more time sitting before the throne of God and being present in my moment with him.    

“Before the throne of God above, I have a strong and perfect plea, a great High Priest whose name is Love, whoever lives and pleads for me.”  

Christianity is different because we have an Advocate in Jesus Christ.  Our names are written on His heart.  His Love won when he died on a cross so that I could be free.
       
Comment    

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl 

No comments:

Post a Comment