Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Lent Day 36


  Blog »  

Wednesday, March 25, 2015
         Jeff Lampl
 


Begin 

Silence, Stillness, and Centering before God (2 minutes)
 


Scripture Reading


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us trip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up.  And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us."          Hebrews 12:1 (NLT)


Devotional   
A letter to you, the CLC Family, from Chris Wolfe  

Chris Wolfe writes this message to the entire church family after having suffered a stroke in January.   Chris is rehabbing well and will working hard to regain mobility on his left side, not only in order to walk but also to hold his guitar with his left and rejoin the worship team on Sunday mornings leading us to worship our great God, something he’s done with us for more than 15 years.  

Dear CLC Family,
I want to thank all of you for your many, many loving prayers for me and my family.  As most of you probably know, in mid January I had a stroke, underwent an induced coma for 4 weeks, and am now recovering in Bryn Mawr Rehab Hospital.  My family and I are overwhelmed by the outpouring of love by so many brothers and sisters, in so many ways.  I literally sense a cloud of God loving kindness surrounding us as we travel through this adventure. 

Thank you all for being led by God’s Spirit, living lives of grace and compassion, and reaching out to those in need.  You are exhibiting the best of what the church is called to be.
In Christ,
Chris

       
Question to Consider

What is the greatest thing for you in being part of a church family, what the Bible  calls the "Body of Christ"?  Are you allowing yourself the gift of committing to some deeper relationship in God's family?


Prayer
 
"Lord, Thank you so much for the Body of Christ.  Thank you for those who care about me, for those I have the privilege to get to know and care about myself, and for those with whom those things are more difficult.  You are growing me up and one of your most powerful tools is a local church family where I can learn to give when I don't want to give and to receive when it's hard to receive.  You are so wonderful, Lord.  Thank you. Amen" 
 
 
 Conclude with Silence   (2 minutes)        

 
Comment
   

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl  

No comments:

Post a Comment