Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Lent Day 15


      Blog »  
Lent - Day 15
Wednesday, March 4, 2015
     Jeff Lampl


       "He continued to pray just as he had always done."   Daniel 6:10


Begin
Silence, Stillness, and Centering before God (2 minutes)  

  Scripture Reading:  Psalm 27:3-4
  Though an army besiege me,
  my heart will not fear;
  though war break out against me,
  even then I will be confident.

  One thing I ask from the Lord,
  this only do I seek:
  that I may dwell in the house of the Lord
  all the days of my life,
  to gaze on the beauty of the Lord
  and to seek him in his temple.

 Devotional
  The most striking thing about this psalm is what David does when he finds himself  
  besieged by armies and enemies eager to kill both him and his family. He does not ask
  for victory or wisdom or changed circumstances. Instead, David gets quiet to seek God,
  to dwell with him, and to reflect upon his beauty.

Each of us needs an opportunity to be alone and silent, or even, indeed, to find space in the day or in the week, just to reflect and to listen to the voice of God that speaks deep with us. . . . In fact, our search for God is only our response to his search for us. He knocks at our door, but for many people, their lives are too preoccupied for them to be able to hear. 82     —Cardinal Basil Hume        


Questions to Consider

  In what ways might God be searching for you today -- knocking at the door of your life?      

Prayer

  Lord, a part of me so longs to be alone with you. Another part of me wants to run and avoid
  time with you at all costs. Thank you for this opportunity today to stop and listen to you.
  Thank you for continuing to knock at my door—especially when I am too anxious or distant
  to hear you. Grant to me, I pray, a heart like David’s–– one that genuinely longs for you
  above all else in this life. In Jesus’ name, amen.
         


 Conclude with Silence (2 minutes)



Comment
   

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl  

No comments:

Post a Comment