Thursday, May 23, 2013


Blog » Why Isn’t One Body Enough
Thursday, May 23, 2013   Jeff Lampl

 

”When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I grew up, I put childish ways behind me”                                        1 Corinthians 13:11

treat younger women with all purity and respect as you would your own sister
                                                                                                       1 Timothy 5:2

 

Every man, woman and child is being trained in American Society’s 21st Century school whose curriculum is what I will call the “New Morality”.    This curriculum majors in the science of “reductionism”.   Its text is found in America’s Declaration of Independence,  

“We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness”  

It is self evident that I have a right to my own body.   It is self evident that withholding my right to happiness, life on my terms, and freedom to express my desires as I wish, is dogmatic imperialism over my rights to my life.  

This curriculum is championed on TV, on the internet, on cell phones via texting, instagrams, facebook, in Hollywood, billboards, advertising, video games, erotica and more.   The message is that if you lack something, go get it before it’s too late.  And if that didn’t work for you, go get something else or someone else.  

If you find yourself needing more than one woman or man, more than the body of one spouse . . if you find you crave erotic images, congratulations!   You are earning high marks in the school of reductionism.   You’ve learned that your desire for more than one person, image, or body is normal and other persons have been reduced to commodities for your consumption, which when they don’t do it for you any more should be moved on from.  

So, if you’re single and this is you, here’s what to do.   When you meet someone who looks like a candidate for marriage, before you propose, go off into a romantic  corner somewhere and tell your potential future spouse, “Honey I just want you to know that you and your body will never do it for me.   I love you.   I always will, but I need more than a real body, I need more than one body, I need more than a wife’s body”   Just be honest with her and see how it goes.    

You will discover that graduating from the school of reductionism and trying to enter the world of marriage is like practicing football all your life and showing up on game day only to discover that the game was baseball.    Football pads, blocking, tackling and hitting your opponent don’t translate well into baseball . . .  .even tee ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment