Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Blog »The Measure of a Man
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Jeff Lampl
 
 
On Sunday I will begin a 5 week series on Love, Dating, Marriage and Family.   I believe that the things that I will be sharing from scripture are huge for you and everyone in this brand new world of the 21st century.   I hope you invite your friends and neighbors.    
It will be Mother’s Day and I feel led to address the issue of how men treat women.    I think it will not only be a real encouragement to women of all ages, but I also think it will be a message of crucial importance.    In particular I hope you invite unmarried teens and adults.    
To modify Plato’s quote (above) I think it may well be true that the best measure of a man is how he treats a woman.   
It starts with what I sometimes think is the most important commandment, the 5th one.   
 “Honor your father and mother, as the LORD your God commanded you. Then you
will live a long, full life in the land the LORD your God is giving you.
"

                                                    
Deuteronomy 5:16 (NLT)
 
Parents that raise their children to honor and respect them are also training their children to honor and respect God.   The former is the prerequisite to the latter.    Furthermore experience leads me to believe that how a young man treats his mother is how he will treat a future wife.    Respect precedes love.  



No comments:

Post a Comment