Saturday, May 30, 2015

Pastor's Blog May 30, 2015

   Blog »  

Saturday, May 30, 2015
Jeff Lampl

       

“Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy?
Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare”

Isaiah 55:2

 

As you read this Steve and Jeanne Cowen, Kathy and I will be landing Budapest (“Budapescht as they say”) and from there will be traveling about four hours to Timisoara Romania where I’ll be preaching at three churches tomorrow.  

Isaiah 55:2 occurs to me as I think about what’s ahead.  The four of us are the 1%ers, as are you,  those living more luxuriously than 99% of the rest of the world, and we are headed to a part of the world that doesn’t have what we have, but certainly would love to have what we do.   But it’s a real problem, isn’t it?   We 1%ers spend lots of cash on bread that does satisfy, but only for a while.   Our “bread that is not bread” has a short shelf life and then we need to clear the shelves and get something else, nice and new and shiny, but it too has a short shelf life and then we do it again, repeating he cycle over and over and over again.   Should we wish that on the 99%ers?  

I suspect that I will be encountering a lot of people who know better than I what it is to eat bread that is good and that I will be “delighting in the richest of fare” when I meet these people.   Frankly I expect to learn a whole lot more from the faithful Romanian believers than I will be able to bring to them.  

In the next three weeks you are being given a treat.  Ben Dieterly, Megann Graf, and Mark Cirino will each share with you how God got hold of them, brought them to himself, and how God is at work right now in their lives.   These messages will be real and personal and will give you a new glimpse into how the God of the universe works in each of us in an individualized way.   You’re going to be very, very blessed.  

“Lord, your Grace is the greatest thing is the world.   May you make us, the CLC family, the most grateful church on planet earth.   Amen”

 
Comment
   

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl 

No comments:

Post a Comment