Friday, May 22, 2015

Prepare for the Sabbath Day

Blog »

 
Friday, May 22
, 2015
     Jeff Lampl
       




Somewhere it’s written, “God rested the seventh day, having completed his work,”
but in this other text he says, “They’ll never be able to sit down and rest.”
So this promise has not yet been fulfilled. Those earlier ones never did get
to the place of rest because they were disobedient.

Hebrews 4:4,5 (Msg)

Think

What is wrong with me that I am seldom, if ever, able to take a full 24 hour Sabbath rest in any given week?     Is it that I am truly unable or am I unwilling?

 


Consider


The writer to the Hebrews indicates that it's a matter of obedience.  What does it say about your view of God when you choose to pursue your "worldly" activities over activities which differentiate your Sabbath for God?
 


Plan


What one thing will you decide ("ruthlessly" if necessary) to do tomorrow (in addition to worship) in order to obey God's command (not suggestion) to keep the Sabbath?




Suggestion
   


Locate yourself (with your family) such that all temptations to do tasks are minimized.  Walk White Clay Park, go to a museum, prepare an exotic meal or go to a concert.



Prayer


Lord, I'm in.  Tomorrow is the Sabbath and I will keep it.  Thank you for loving me enough, not just to suggest that I keep the Sabbath, but to tell me to.  Amen



Comment
   

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl  


No comments:

Post a Comment