Wednesday, March 26, 2014

The Best Prayer Guide Ever Published

Blog »    The Best Prayer Guide Ever Published 

Wednesday, March 26, 2014


 "This, then, is how you should pray:

'Our Father in heaven,
 
hallowed be your name,
 your kingdom come,
 your will be done 

 on earth as it is in heaven.
 Give us today our daily bread.
 Forgive us our debts, 

 as we also have forgiven our debtors.
 And lead us not into temptation,
 
but deliver us from the evil one.'"   Matthew 6:9-13 (NIV)  

It’s always good to have a guide.   If you are a right brain scattered, ADD, never on point kind of person, then this prayer guide is good news for you!   If you are a left brained perfectionistic rationalist who can’t believe anything can work other than within a logical format then this prayer guide is good news for you too!  

It’s comprised of 10 lines, each covering a crucial aspect of God and your actual real life existence in His good world.    

Line 1:  “ Lord, you’re the Father my human father (well or poorly) was tasked to represent.   So, Father, I believe you’re here (in the heavens surrounding me as close as the air I breathe) and that you are the consummate Father, at every moment giving me exactly what I need”.  

Line 2 “help me today to be a reason for others to want to know You”  

Line 3  “Lord, bring it on.   Whether it brings me peace or whether it rocks my world, Lord, bring it on."  

Line 4  “Lord, I want what I want . . . . . nevertheless, Lord, not my will, Lord, but Yours be done."  

Line 5  “Lord, lead me to concrete acts of love that are part of your ushering in Your Kingdom now."  

Line 6  “Lord, I believe that you are providing me with exactly what I need for today."  

Line 7  “Lord, my sin is ever before me.  Yet again I ask your forgiveness.  And I receive it!  Amen!"  

Line 8  “Lord, I am beginning to see that forgiving and being forgiven are the same thing.   Forgive me when I delude  myself into thinking that I can receive your forgiveness without giving it."  

Line 9  “Lord, I’m being pulled away from you by forces beyond my control every day.   I need your help to avoid these powers."  

Line 10 
“And Lord, thank you, thank you, thank you for your victory over all evil and over the evil one on the cross.   You exhausted his power and trumped the worst that he can do to us.  You have done so by means of your resurrection from the dead. The worst that can happen is never, never, never the last thing that will happen.  Thank you Lord, that in Jesus, the worst that can happen is always, always, always follow by resurrection, renewal and restoration.  Amen"

 

Comment    

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl  

No comments:

Post a Comment