Friday, June 21, 2013

Blog » Asking the Hard Questions, Part 4
Friday, June 21, 2013 Nick Cirino

  The past couple days we have been talking about ideas for studying the Bible. Today we’ll finish the series.

(Review)

FIRST, write out the scripture in one column on a piece of paper.


SECOND, start reading through the text and writing down questions.


Here’s what to do today:


THIRD, start looking for answers to your questions. First look at the rest of the book. Then think about other Scriptures that could help you answer your questions.


Still stumped? Talk to someone about it. Sit down with a spouse or a friend and see if you can find some answers together. This is huge! If at all possible, do this!

You can even use internet resources. Beware though, there is much more bad than good on the internet; examine everything critically. I like Got Questions and Ask Pastor John.


You won’t have answers to all your questions. Some will still stump you. But don’t give up. Keep it in your back pocket. Sometimes I’ve gotten the answers to hard questions years after I asked them. But if I hadn’t asked them, I don’t think I would have found the answers.


FOURTH, look through everything you’ve studied and ask yourself, “Out of all of this what is the one or two things that I need to apply most to my life right now?” Let the Scripture not only inform you, but transform you.

No comments:

Post a Comment