Thursday, May 24, 2012

Living Now in the World that Awaits Us 

"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am." John 14:1-3 (NIV)  

I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find till after death; I must never let it get snowed under or turned aside; I must make it the main object of life to press on to that other country and help others to the same” C.S. Lewis - Mere Christianity

Prayer

“Lord, anticipating the future on a resurrected earth has empowered so many to persevere in a difficult marriage, remain faithful to the hard task of caring for an ailing parent or child, or stick with a demanding job. Moses remained faithful to You, because “he was looking ahead to his reward” (Hebrews 11:16). With your help, I, too, will remain faithful when life is difficult”    Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment