Friday, May 18, 2012

HEAVEN


Laughter on the New Earth 

"Blessed are you who weep now, for you will laugh" Luke 6:21
  
16th Century German Church Reformer, Martin Luther, said, “if you’re not allowed to laugh in heaven, I don’t want to go there”. Where could laugher possibly come from anyway, except from God? 

Laughter is God’s gift to humanity. It will not contract in the New Creation, rather it will expand. In early church tradition Easter Monday was called Bright Monday and was a “day of joy and laughter.”
 
I am certain that Jesus teased and laughed with his friends. It is Satan who is humorless. Laughter and good humor are crucial signs of a vibrant spiritual life.

Prayer

Lord, help me to be lighter. Help me see things in light of the resurrection, to see that you've got things under control. Therefore Lord, lighten me up let me laugh, especially at myself. Amen”

1 comment:

  1. RONN FLETCHER18 May, 2012

    EXCELLENT MESSAGE THAT APPLIES EACH & EVERY DAY !

    ReplyDelete