Tuesday, March 13, 2012

The Kingdom of God
Mark 4

The Kingdom of God

"This is what the kingdom of God is like.
 
A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain--first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come." Mark 4:26-29(NIV)

"All by itself" - You cannot build God's Kingdom

My problem in life, and yours, and that of the world, is that each of us seeks his own Kingdom. Doing so “works” for a while but eventually passes away like all other Kingdoms except God’s. If I repent, jettison my kingdom in favor of His, then I have to spend a life time learning how live differently , because His Kingdom is run by Him, not me. My job, then, is to arrange my life in such a way that my decisions, efforts, attitudes, relationships are all to be pursued in a way that opens me to God’s direction and provision. I no longer make my life happen, He does. This is where spiritual disciplines, although requiring discipline, are not about my making things happen, rather they put me into a position where God has the freedom to lead in my life, and in doing so he enables me to do what I could not do without His presence. 

Prayer

“Lord, help! I have only a meager prayer life, when you want to open me to yourself by way of a praying life. Please lead me into spiritual practices that open me to your leadership in my life.  Amen."

No comments:

Post a Comment