Friday, March 2, 2012

The Birth of the King
John 1

Our World
 
"He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him." John 1:10

Does this verse apply to you? How?

Christian
 
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God-- children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God." John 1:11-13

To be born of God (born again) means that the Spirit of God is at work within you, tearing down old structures within you and building new ones. This is a painful process which is at the same time good and life-giving. Have you asked Jesus to do this within you? Are you resisting Him?

Jesus 

"The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth."John 1:14

Jesus is God. God was on earth for short life time. He is still on earth within believers and that’s where we will find Him today, How? When you see Grace and Truth expressed together, not blended, not half and half, but each in its fullness, one not compromising the other but instead fulfilling and glorifying the other. When you encounter hints of that, you are encountering Jesus.

Prayer

“Lord, whatever renovations to my interior life that need to be done, do them. I grant you access to every “room in my house” including the ones that shame me. Build truth into me. Build Grace into me. Remove my version of me and give me your version of me. Amen”

1 comment:

  1. Your prayer in asking God into every room of the heart brings to mind a very good, affordable pamphlet on this topic: My Heart Christ's Home by Robert Boyd Munger. A must read! Amazon, Bing, Christian Book and Hot Book all have it. When part of the Evangelism Committee for another church, I introduced this as part of the pack we handed out to new members. Worth looking into.

    ReplyDelete