Thursday, March 8, 2012

John 1
Jesus' Ministry Begins

Talk to People

“What do you want?” he asked John and Andrew. They replied, “Rabbi” (which means “Teacher”), “where are you staying?”
“Come and see,” he said. It was about four o’clock in the afternoon when they went with him to the place where he was staying, and they remained with him the rest of the day. . . . .
Andrew then  went to find his brother. . .. and brought Simon to meet Jesus.
Jesus later  . . . .found Philip and said to him, “Come, follow me.”. . . .Philip then went to look for Nathaniel and told him, “We have found the very person Moses and the prophets wrote about! His name is Jesus, the son of Joseph from Nazareth.”  John 1:38-45(NLT)

Reflection

Jesus met Andrew and John, hung out with them, they hit it off and Andrew asked his brother to hang out too. Same with Philip and Nathaniel. Simple.
 
But hanging out isn’t so simple is it? For me hanging out can’t just be talking, it’s got to be engaging in something. The question becomes, am I willing to invite others into my life in such a way that they will, over time, be exposed to Jesus? 

Each of us is different. Each of us must find our own way. The one thing that most of us have in common, however, is that it requires some sort of sacrifice. Sacrifice of time, or sacrifice of my “us four and no more” comfortable little group, or sacrifice of some of my private space.
 
What is your plan for hanging out with those who need Jesus? 

Prayer

“Lord, I suspect it starts in the heart. Therefore I say to you today, I am willing. Today I will pay attention to those people whom you put before me and seek to allow you to use me as your conduit between them and you.     Amen”

No comments:

Post a Comment