Tuesday, September 29, 2009

September 29, 2009

What else might I say to God at my daily, hourly, “60 60” reminder?

Am I where you want me to be, when you want me to be there,
doing what you want me to be doing,
why you want me to be doing it?

Thirty days after the journal entry posted on yesterday’s blog, Laubach wrote:
“This sense of cooperation with God in ltttle things is what so astonishes me . I need something and I turn round and the thing is waiting for me. I work to be sure, but there is God working along with me. God takes care of all the rest. My part is to live this hour in continuous inner conversation with God and in perfect responsiveness to his will, to make this hour gloriously rich. This seems to be all I need to think about.”

It seems that Laubach was learning to “let go and let God”. It seemed that he was experiencing the trusting, loving relationship with God which led not to a striving, fitful, force fit, effortful attempt at trying to be a “good Christian”, rather he began to discover an easy desire to simply be “responsive to His will”, because God had become not only his Savior and Lord, but also because God was with him as lover and friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment