Sunday, September 27, 2009

September 27, 2009 - "60 60" Challenge

€ I accept the “60 60” challenge, to go through my days seeking a continuous conversation God, using every 60 minute beep of my watch (or something similar) as a reminder to reorient myself into a continuous conversation of willingness.

I suggest you do this. It will not be easy to do, but it’s all you have to do.

The point is not to “do one more thing” to “become a good Christian”. Not at all. Rather the point is to be reminded to be attentive to God once each waking hour and then let God do the rest. Jesus said simply, “follow me”. When your watch beeps, allow God to put whatever thought he wants into your mind, and then see what happens. Notice these words of Jesus

"Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly."
Matthew 11:28-30 (MSG)

You may fail more than you succeed in this hourly experiment, but no successes come without failures along the way.

Simply practice the presence of God and then see what God does. I hope you’ll share your experiences with this "challenge" with the rest of us both on this blog and also on the message center at http://www.clcfamily.net/ .

No comments:

Post a Comment