Thursday, April 16, 2015

Walk in the Light


  Blog »  

Begin 
Silence, Stillness, and Centering before God (2 minutes)  


Scripture

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, 
and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin."     1 John 1:7  



Reflect
 

When we “walk in the light” with God, we also have “fellowship with one another”.    When we walk in the darkness, we hide.   We are not open.  We keep secrets.  We are not forthcoming.  We are closed.  We are very busy doing whatever it takes to cover up what we don’t want others to know.  We do it by becoming jokesters or by clamming up.   We do by controlling or by blending in.  We do it by people pleasing or by being bossy.  But we do it and when we do it our relationship with others is shallow.   And the cycle spins.  Because I am so self-protective, I can’t listen to others and then I feel no one listens to me and I become distanced and cynical.  But risking the unveiled world of the light connects us to others.   You know this.   When another is vulnerable with you, you are drawn to them.   A new depth of relationship has opened up.  The light works its magic.


Question to Consider
 
Do you walk in the light or do you hide in the “darkness”?   With whom are you an “open book”.   Are you an “open book” with God?        


Prayer 

“Lord, against you, you only, have I sinned and done what is evil in your sight.  Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean; wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.  Let me hear joy and gladness; let the bones you have crushed rejoice”    Psalm 51:4-8)  


Conclude
 with Silence   (2 minutes)

 
Comment
   

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl  

No comments:

Post a Comment