Wednesday, April 22, 2015

If Anyone Says, "I Love God" . . . . . .


  Blog »  
Wednesday, April 22, 2015


Begin 
Silence and  Stillness  (2 minutes)  


Scripture

Dear friends . . . . . If anyone claims, ' am living in the light,' but hates a Christian brother or sister, that person is still living in darkness.  Anyone who loves another brother or sister is living in the light and does not cause others to stumble.  But anyone who hates another brother or sister is still living and walking in darkness. Such a person does not know the way to go, having been blinded by the darkness.”       1 John 2:7-11 (NLT)


Reflect
 

It’s just not possible.  

I have found it simply impossible to live in the light and freedom and “cleanness” and joy of God’s World when I’ve got someone angry with me or when I’m holding something against another person, especially when that person is another Christian.   God seems to have set up the world in such a way that life, abundant, free and joyful life, cannot be fully had when I’ve got a relationship gone bad.    Have you noticed this?    Holding something against another breeds bad things within me, things like avoidance, blame, self-justification, ill will, desire for punishment.    These things not only separate me from the other, not only hinder me from coming cleanly and honestly before God,  but they also become a stumbling block to the other person.  That person will be held by you in some way, shape or form in bondage to your condemnation of them.  That leaves two people stuck in a lingering darkness.


Question to Consider
 
Do you have something against a Christian brother or sister?  What does that do to you, to your relationship to God and to the other person?  What can/will you do to make things right?        


Prayer 

"Lord, give me the courage to make things right with those who hold something against me or with those whom I am the one holding the grudge.  Thank you for a clear path to reconciliation even if it is only one sided.  Amen"
 



Conclude with Silence   (2 minutes)

 
Comment
   

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl 

No comments:

Post a Comment