Tuesday, April 14, 2015

The Life of God


Blog »  


Begin 
Silence, Stillness, and Centering before God (2 minutes)  Pray . . . . .

“Give us today our daily bread”  

Picture what is before you today.  Ask God to help you to see all of today through His eyes.   Tell Him that because of Him you have everything you need to enter into your day and thank Him for it.


Scripture

This is the message we have heard from him and declare to you: God is light; in him there is no darkness at all.  If we claim to have fellowship with him and yet walk in the darkness, we lie and do not live out the truth."       1 John 1:5-6


Reflect
 

John is referring to one of our most practiced strategies to deal with sin.   We simply deny that our sin affects our relationship with God.   But we are wrong.   Sin always damages our relationship with God.   From God’s side we are forgiven, loved and cherished.   The cross has banished our sin.  God sees us as pure and righteous.   From our side, however, whenever I sin I am choosing to live for myself and not for God.   That’s a breach of relationship which exists not in God’s heart, but in mine.   It is I who has created the break.   Therefore when I continue to live in the darkness of my choosing my will over God’s, yet say that I have fellowship with God, I am simply lying to myself.  I am deceived.   And, of course, the greatest danger of deception is that he who is deceived doesn’t know it. 


Question to Consider
 
When has something or someone jolted you out of the deception of thinking you can live your own way while thinking that you and God "are just fine."  could you be living that deception today?


Prayer
       

“Lord, show me my sin, that I may confess it and be restored to a life-giving relationship with You.   Amen
"


Conclude
 with Silence   (2 minutes)

 
Comment
   

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl  

No comments:

Post a Comment