Sunday, March 13, 2016

JOY

JOY
Jeff Lampl

In this Psalm David defines joy as. . . .

 something solid.   Notice verse 7.   He differentiates joy from the happiness that depends on favorable circumstances. Vs 8 tells us the result of that which circumstances, be they bad or good, cannot provide.  I hope you take your time in reading on this Psalm.   Chew on it (Ezekiel 3:1-3).  Notice the pleas, the longing, the waiting, yet in spite of unfulfilled yearning, trust.   This it seems to me is ground zero of joy. . . .confidence in God.  
Love, Jeff

For the music leader. With stringed instruments. A psalm of David.

“Answer me when I cry out, my righteous God!
    Set me free from my troubles!
        Have mercy on me!
        Listen to my prayer!

2 How long, you people,
    will my reputation be insulted?
How long will you continue
    to love what is worthless
    and go after lies? Selah
3 Know this: the Lord takes
    personal care of the faithful.
The Lord will hear me
    when I cry out to him.
4 So be afraid, and don’t sin!
    Think hard about it in your bed
    and weep over it! Selah
5 Bring righteous offerings,
    and trust the Lord!

6 Many people say,
    “We can’t find goodness anywhere.
    The light of your face has left us, Lord!”
7 But you have filled my heart with more joy
    than when their wheat and wine are everywhere!
8 I will lie down and fall asleep in peace
    because you alone, Lord, let me live in safety.”

No comments:

Post a Comment