Wednesday, July 31, 2013

What to Pray for People


Blog »  What to Pray for People
Wednesday, July 31, 2013
      Jeff Lampl

 
                My experience with Jesus has been much like C.S. Lewis described it.  

  “I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”      CS Lewis

 

I pray that the eyes of your heart will be flooded with light so that you can understand the confident hope he has given to those he called—his holy people who are his rich and glorious inheritance.
Ephesians 1:18 
 

Before becoming a believer I was interested in many things but I had did not have the benefit of sight from God’s view.   I was in a forest and could not see it for the trees.   But then I became a follower of Jesus, and the “Son had risen”, so to speak.   That changed everything.   “By the light of the Son” the forest came into view.   I came to see not only the forest but also where it came from and where it’s going.  

So where is it going?   It and everything in it will be purged of sin and evil and it will be transformed into a glorious “forest” inhabited by the most magnificent of creatures, redeemed believers with new bodies, new Life in a new community of incredible vividness, goodness, vitality, purpose, and love.   

That’s our confident hope.  It’s also our inheritance as believers.  It seems to me that knowing this changes everything today.

It is for this that we rightly pray when we pray for others.
 
               Comment    
                For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl    

No comments:

Post a Comment