Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Abraham's Faith


Blog » Abraham’s Faith  

Wednesday, July 10, 2013    Nick Cirino
 


Philippians 3:8-9 ESV
          For his sake I have suffered the loss of all things and count them as rubbish, in order
          that I may gain Christ and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own
          that comes from the law, but that which comes through faith in Christ,
the
          righteousness from God that depends on faith.
  


The quote above talks about a “righteousness from God that depends on faith.” We are made right with God by believing in him, not by doing our own works. Another way to say that is, We are justified (made righteous) by faith.  

If you have time today, I would encourage you to read Romans 4:1-12. Notice with me (1) how Abraham justified, (2) when he was justified, and (3) what did not justify him. I was really encouraged by this passage of Scripture when I read it this morning, and I hope you will be, too! 

Image from: flickr.com/photos/dalbera/7026705017/    

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl  

No comments:

Post a Comment