Tuesday, August 11, 2009

August 11, 2009

Lord, why is it that when my feathers are ruffled that I can become rude to those who love me most, yet suppress my irritability around those I hardly know. Lord, please remove rudeness from me, even if it requires radical surgery. No one deserves that, not even my enemies.

Wouldn't it be cool if Kathy and I could forget all the times we've wronged each other? Slate wiped clean? "Offense amnesia". Maybe I should pray for that.

When we got back from our cruise, it was amazing how quickly the romantic glow disappeared. We faced life demands which for us were daunting. And I began to think, why isn't Kathy as warm and fuzzy as she was just 24 hours ago? Well, believe it or not Kathy faced the same challenges that I did! Amazing! There he is again.......self-seeking Jeff!

1 comment:

  1. Robin Martin12 August, 2009

    I think it is great that you model what you preach about making your family (wife) a priority after your relationship with God. You set a high standards for a loving partnership with Kathy and I know others at NLPC appreciate the stories of your close love and friendship for your wife and family. How nice that you could get away together. Sounds like it was a nice trip!

    ReplyDelete