Wednesday, August 19, 2009

August 19, 2009

My heart is for those who do not know Christ to come to know him and the Good News he offers. Therefore I take it as my job to make Christianity as intelligible as I can. At all costs, I think every Christian should do his best never to speak church language. We need to do our best to eliminate whatever could create a sense of insiders and outsiders.

A great exercise for every believer is to put yourself into the shoes of someone who comes to a worship service as an adult for the first time in their life. Where else in the world would this person experience something similar? Therefore how can we ease the transition, accommodating to their culture in a way that compromises nothing of the Gospel message. Remember Paul’s words in 1 Cor 9:22, “I will be all things to all people so that by all possible means I can reach some” . Of the one language that everyone understands is sacrificial love and service. Each of us can become fluent in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment