Thursday, August 20, 2009

August 20, 2009

One of the things that amazes and gratifies me the most is when someone says that the sermon “spoke” directly to them. . . . . as if I knew exactly what was going on in their life. And virtually every time I hear that I can honestly say that I had no idea, which means, of course, that God’s words were being spoken to that person. . . . . . which brings me to an important point. God does speak personally through messages, not just to the rational, left brain, detached intellect, rather and especially to the intimate, personal, real life aspect of who you are. God knows you, speaks to you, and cares deeply about your life and your heart. Therefore every time you suspect some aspect of a Sunday is “for you”, it probably is. Listen, take it to heart, and say to God, “Here I am Lord, I’m listening, give me the ability to obey.”

3 comments:

  1. yes, God does speak directly through you Jeff. For example on Sunday God told me just how important Erie was because they had to build a super highway from the city of sin (Pittsburgh) so that sinful city would have some class......

    thanks God for speaking to Jeff....signed "unknown"

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many people from CLC could be from Erie?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erie is near Cleveland.

    ReplyDelete