Tuesday, November 11, 2014

OK, It's True, I Tweet

Blog »    
 
OK, It's True, I Tweet

Tuesday, November 11, 2014
Jeff Lampl


“But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tells them?   And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the Scriptures say,  “How beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news!” 
Romans 10:14-15 (NLT)
 

I’ve finally gotten into my groove of how to use twitter in a way that is worthwhile.   The truth is that I’m not even certain how to use twitter, except that I’ve figured out how to send tweets and to automatically receive daily tweets from two (in my eyes) spiritual giants via text message.  

Although I am light years from being a spiritual giant I’m now tweeting things I’m learning (including things I “learned” but didn’t actually learn very well in experience) about living life with God.   My hope is that these things will help others, perhaps you, make their way into living “the life that is truly life” (1 Timothy 6:19) with our great, great God.  Here are a few examples

It is remarkable that in all of his writings Paul’s prayers for his friends contain no appeals for changes in their circumstances Tim Keller

The more idealistic our expectations the less happy we are with church. Idealism wrecks reality -church is not an ideal but a reality S. M.

A great marriage is when God becomes so precious to you that you discover that He makes you spouse even more precious to you

Believing that your life should be free from suffering is like going to Marine Boot Camp expecting it to be a vacation in Fiji.

Disaster is born out of a human attempt to bring about what God promises. See Galatians 4:23

Christianity seeks to conform the soul to reality. Do you believe that there is a knowable reality beyond your senses?

"Salvation is confidence in God" Dallas Willard. Let this sink in. Salvation is confidence in God. Begin today with that.

Awesome thought from philosopher theologian Jonathan Edwards "God re-creates the world out of nothing at every moment that it exists"

Where in your daily life God irrelevant to you? You know God loves you, but it just doesn't help. It is there that you discover your idol

(Is God relevant cont.) When you find you idol, confess the consuming need down to a legitimate desire & God will fill the hole in your cup.

Comment    

If you wish to receive my tweets my twitter address is @jefflampl.

No comments:

Post a Comment