Monday, July 28, 2014

People are Liking this Book!

Blog »    People are Liking this Book!
Monday, July 28, 2014


                                              "Give and it will be given back to you."
                                                                   Luke 6:38


Remember that when you buy one of these books, $3 of the $15 cost will go toward the Give Bikes challenge.  In fact on Sunday we’ll hold the drawing to find out who gets to deliver them!  Below is a note I was given on Sunday from someone who loved what she read in the book.  Enjoy!    Jeff

Dear Pastor Jeff and all the Deacons,

My husband and I are very grateful for the help you give us. I felt the caring in the gifts you give us.  We live in a mobile home park, have had very bad storms about two weeks ago, of course you know.  A very big tree fell on a home and smashed the front of the home.  Thank the Lord that no one got hurt but their home had a lot of damage to it.  So I called the office manager and asked if I could put a donation jar in the office for that family.  At first they were not willing to do this; they said their homeowners insurance would take care of it.  But I said they will need more help than just us and home owners insurance.  I should know - I told them when I lived in Lansdowne I had a house fire and my whole home and belongings were gone.  It was so hard for me to understand this.  I was left with nothing and I know how loss can be.  So the office said OK, that is a very nice thing to do.  I asked them that my name not be used at all, that it was in their hands now and most of all it was in the Lord’s hands now.  I pray that people would help out the family with a cash donation and I started it with a ten dollar bill.  I did this because I have been given a lot of help by the Lord thru the church, Pastor Jeff and the members of CLC.  We thank you for your kindness. 

Please pray for this family; I do not know their names but the Dear Lord knows their names and their needs.  I pray that people will open their pockets and give something . . . anything would help.  Last week at church I was given a book, “I Like Giving”.  I looked at this as that the Lord knows I needed that book.  I’m not a real good book reader but when I started to read the book I found it hard to put down.  I also underlined some of the messages.  Who would know that what happened by that book was the Dear Lord’s work at hand.  That book opened my eyes and heart more even though we don’t have much of anything ourselves.  But I realize the Lord is at work all the time even if we don’t believe this.  Thank you and love for the church and the Lord and for this book and may the messages in that book can open your eyes and heart.    Sharon

“Heavenly Father, propel me to live to give to bless others. Amen”


Comment
   

For more:   follow on Twitter @jefflampl  

No comments:

Post a Comment